Now offering Music Technology A Level
We are proud and delighted to introduce you to Hackney New Sixth Form – a new Sixth Form for Hackney.
Our core vision is to provide students with access to the widest range of opportunities in life by fostering academic excellence and instilling self-belief, intellectual curiosity and responsibility towards others in society.
We offer a challenging and interesting A-level curriculum which will provide outstanding teaching and learning opportunities from an experienced and highly motivated staff. We have the knowledge and experience to help your son/daughter achieve their full academic and personal potential to enable them to pursue their interests at the highest level and join an outstanding university in the UK or abroad.
- A brand new Sixth Form for male and female students aged 16 – 19
- Opening in September 2018
- A brand new building with excellent facilities
- Focus on core subjects taught in an innovative and challenging way
- All students can participate in our extensive Music programme, with an advanced, dedicated syllabus for those taking an A-level in Music
- A unique course called ‘The Core’ emphasising oral debate and the history of ideas
- Weekly tutorial support with emphasis on Higher Education, Careers and post – 18 Apprenticeship opportunities and concrete links with local businesses and firms
- Motivated and experienced teaching staff
- Opportunities for leadership through Prefect and Mentoring programmes and a Sixth Form Council
HNS Sixth Form will initially offer 15 A-level courses in core subjects with five lessons per week. All subject lessons will take place in the morning with the afternoon reserved for private study and additional, individually scheduled lessons. There will be 2-4 lessons of sports and enrichment per week. In addition, HNS Sixth Form offers two unique programs:
- Music: All students will be able to participate in HNS’ extensive music curriculum, learning to play an instrument, join one of the school’s orchestras or choirs and take part in a range of other music activities. This is available to all students, not only those taking an A-level in Music
- The Core: The Core is a hugely popular lecture course offered in the Secondary School focusing on the debate of seminal contributions in the history of political thought, literature and scientific discovery. Students will have 2-4 lessons per week
Students will be expected to become a part of the HNS campus, participating in the many programs and enrichment activities we offer as well as acting as mentors to younger colleagues in the secondary school. All students will have access to a first-rate programme of Higher Education and Careers Education, Information and Guidance (CEIAG) from a seasoned and dedicated team to prepare them for selection and applications to a wide range of courses at Oxbridge and other Russell Group universities.
We are committed to providing students with an outstanding, rounded education that equips them well for further study at leading universities and their careers.
To apply to our Sixth-Form, please read the information and follow the instructions on this page.