Hackney New School is developing as a central hub for a wide range of activities available to the entire Hackney community.
The school is making it a priority to interact with and benefit the local community and in this way provides a home away from home for parents and students alike. Some of the initiatives to bring this vision to life are:
- Partnership programmes with a wide range of private and public sector organisations, including companies, arts groups, universities, international schools, sports clubs, local community groups, etc
- Creative collaborations with other local schools (orchestra, choir, drama) leading to public performances
- A summer school to provide additional educational programmes, community development initiatives and adult learning activities
- Outreach programs where HNS pupils get involved in community activities as volunteers
- The HNS Wellbeing Centre, a centre for children with emotional or behavioural difficulties available to all children across the borough and located in the restored Wharf Master’s House on Kingsland Road